Horse & Pony Lessons
Receive a lesson from one of our trained professionals. We offer both Indoor and Outdoor tuition for riders of all levels, whether your a complete beginner or an advanced competitor. All our Instructors are BHS qualified, are trained first aiders and have completed a Garda Vetting Form and Child Protection Certificate.
We use only safe and suitable horses/ponies for our lessons and we have a superb choice to choose from at all times during the year. Our lessons are interspersed with some gentle road and mountain riding to put your newfound skills into practice!
If you (or your child) are a complete beginner it is best to start off with .30 minute private, one-on-one lessons with your Instructor. Here you will be assessed and will be taught the basics like mounting up, adjusting your stirrups and working towards walking, turning, halting and up to the rising trot. Then you can graduate to either our .30 minute or 1 hour Beginner group lessons with riders of similar experience. In this you will continue with work from your initial sessions, you will work on your basic position and will work towards the next gait up which is canter.
When you are cantering you will need to move up a level - to our Novice group. Here you will start some basic jumping as well chance to continue your canter training.
An Intermediate rider will be learning to ride a showjumping course and will be taught to ride a dressage test if they so wish. After consultation with your Instructor you should now be ready for some beach riding.
Advanced lessons comprise of specialist riding including showjumping, x-country riding and quick beach riding.
"Sunday Saddle Club" - only €30 for 3 hours!
Every Sunday we run our "Saddle Club" for riders of all levels and from 4 years and upwards from 10.30am - 1.30pm. As well as getting the children out and about on a Sunday morning this club offers you a little bit more. Its like a mini Pony Camp where clubbers will go riding and will also receive instruction in looking after ponies. They will be involved in the day-to-day activities of our stable - for example helping to feed the horses and grooming. All activities are held indoors so if its raining everyone will stay nice and dry and you just need to bring a packed lunch and suitable clothing.
The cost for 3 hours is €30 and family discounts are available as are gift vouchers to make an ideal present (due to a few no-shows recently we will require a deposit!!!). Clubbers from 6 years and over will be encouraged to work towards their AIRE Amateur Syllabus.
To be one of the first to know about exclusive offers on Pony Camps and lessons from the stables please Free Text "Horse" to 50050.
- please book in advance to avoid disappointment
- to avoid disappointment a €5 deposit is required to secure the following lesson. This can be left to "roll -over" or is refundable.
- if you are taking up horse riding for the first time you do not need to buy all the kit! Just wear a pair of shoes or boots with a heel and we provide the hard hat. If you so wish in the future we can give you discounted offers from our tack shop for all the riding attire.
- you are required to fill out a rider registration form before commencing your lesson/trek. It can be downloaded and printed by clicking here and brought with you on the day.
- to discuss what level you may be please phone the office and speak to one of our qualified Instructors.
- click HERE to download and print our registration form which you can bring to the stables on the day.
Pricing for lessons;
- 30 minute lessons are €15 and 1 Hour lessons are €25.
From time to time we host external professional Instructors, for further details on these clinics and when they happen please sign up to our text alerts or visit our Facebook page. In the last 9 years we have played host to such competitors as;
Former Irish European Eventing Gold Medallist
Former Irish National Showjumping Champion
Current Irish Eventer
Mark O' Sullivan
Current Grand Prix showjumper on the Irish circuit
Current Grand Prix Showjumper on the Irish circuit
BHSI and examiner for the BHS
BHSI and examiner for the BHS
BHSII and examiner for the BHS
BHSI and examiner for the BHS.
If you are interested in a career working with horses please click HERE