When you are looking for an establishment for you or your child to go Horse/Pony Riding there are a number of things you should look for;
- look at the condition of the animals being used - are they thin and looking miserable outside in the cold and rain?
- is the center approved by either the BHS or AIRE? If its not then it will not have met the required safety standards for the general public, facilites and animals. The hat you are given may not be up to standard and the equipment you use may also be unsafe.
- This also applies to the animal you are asked to ride? We hear over and over again from disgruntled customers who went riding at an unapproved establishment and were handed a young untrained animal. This invariably causes accidents.
- If the "Equestrian Center" is not approved its probably not insured and you may find yourself liable if someone else gets injured and you are involved.
- If someone gets injured or falls off is there should be a trained first aider on site. This is a legal requirement.
- Has your child's Instructor participated in a Child Protection Course? Is he/she Garda vetted? Again these are all requirements for approval by the BHS or AIRE.
- Are you or your child not progressing with your chosen hobby? Qualified and professionally trained instructors will be able to teach you properly and ensure your progression through the grades. At Tralee Equestrian Centre we encourage our riders to undertake the AIRE Amateur Certification.
- Is your Instructor qualified to teach pony riding? Ask for the certificates - they should be on display.
- Does the center have a wide selection of horses or ponies to choose from?
- Have you filled out a registration form? Ours can be downloaded and brought with you by clicking here.
- Value. At Tralee Equestrian we have some of the best horses and ponies, the most rider-friendly facilities and fully qualifies instructors to help you achieve your aims in the safest and quickest manner.
Please choose from one of the options below;